A Taoist Temple

A Taoist Temple
The Taoist temple just down the road from where I live, here in Feng Yuan, Taiwan

Kenting Beach!

Kenting Beach!
Me heading into the beautiful South China Sea

Monday, July 19, 2010

Taipei!!!!

Saturday, July 17th, 2010

As the English branch we went to the Taipei LDS Temple, and then to Taipei 101 (the building in the pic below) which is the second tallest building in the world.

I don't know why the pic is so cloudy, it was very clear that day.


We Feng Yuan at 10:30am (they waited for me to finish teaching :) and got there around 1pm.

The Taipei Temple is quite small, but very beautiful!

I don't know why I have the same expression in both of these pics, but they were taken quickly as we were late getting out.


Sadly we didn't allow for time to go to the top, but we have plenty of time to go back. Instead we came up with inventive ways to get the entire building in one frame.

This pic is taken laying on ones back (in a skirt ;) while doing a slight crunch across the street from Taipei 101.
This pic is taken while literally craning ones neck under the ear of the model, standing under Taipei 101


This is just a cool pic! We had just finished the inventive photography (believe me the others came up with some quirky stuff) and all of a sudden the lights came on (it was about 1/4 to 7). So more creative photography ensued. (with or with out flash . . . with!)
All in all it was a very good day!!!!! Plus, there was a Cold Stone inside the Taipei 101 Mall! Oh, how I missed real ice cream!!!

I can't believe I forgot: while we were waiting for our bus some mainland Chinese people came up to us and tried to talk to us in Chinese thinking we would understand. Then, all of a sudden, they asked if they could take a picture with me and AnnaLisa. That's when 3 more groups of people took advantage of the opportunity and asked me AnnaLisa to be in their pictures. It was a very odd moment, but kinda fun! I now know a little bit of what it would be like to be a celebrity ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cool. Will said he is glad to know you are having fun. Me too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will is a great kid ;)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete