A Taoist Temple

A Taoist Temple
The Taoist temple just down the road from where I live, here in Feng Yuan, Taiwan

Kenting Beach!

Kenting Beach!
Me heading into the beautiful South China Sea

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dance Practice and Graduation

June 23 - 25, 2011

What better thing to do in the morning than watch little kids try their very hardest to practice these crazy cute dances they've been learning!

I'm pretty sure this is Peggy's baby, soooooooo cute!!!!!


Lien also getting some last min. pic.'s in!



Awe, Wade ;)


The theme was "Around the World" and the costumes, were so great!





And now comes the montage of Graduation Day and me posing with some kids I taught (or who thought I taught them ;)


Where's Katy 



You gotta love the hair! 





I was later found to be the only one in the area who had access to red lipstick and was designated lipstick artist for these lovely senoritas in red! 







Ok, now comes story time. Once upon a time I asked if my class needed to prepare a skit/dance/song for graduation, the powers that be (Frances, and upper secretaries) said, "No." So I went on my way with fun lesson plans and other joys of teaching. Then,the Monday before graduation, TIC struck. "Katy, what is your BR class doing for graduation?" Right, think fast Katy. "What would you like us to do? A song a poem? A . . ." "Do a poem." "Ok." We spent the entire week learning a cute poem called, Isabel Met an Enormous Bear and even added some movements and gestures. Then Jimmy said he couldn't go. Well, when you have a class of 4 that's a bit of problem, but we adjusted. Of course, that wasn't all. Winnie informed us on Wednesday that she couldn't go either, but now Jimmy could go. Adjust, adjust, adjust. They got that poem down really well, and then came the day of graduation. Jerry didn't show up . . . I was confident that it would still work, but Frances decided to nix it. Needless to say I was a bit perturbed! So guess what, in the middle of the other performances, Jerry shows up, and then we were back on! Still not done. They had practiced all these gestures without mics so what does the stage-secretary shove into there hands as they walk on stage? Microphones . . . but I digress, the performance was cute, they did really well and adjusted better than most! I was proud of them!

Can you guess who the two bears were and who Isabel was?


Allison standing in as a parent for Shayla, cute!


Don't they look so thrilled to be graduating? ;)
Honestly, I don't think the younger ones knew what was really going on!
The older kids were graduating into the writing classes, and the younger kids were graduating into the elementary classes.


Last semi-group photo
(Allison was visiting a student for the last time)
Nathan, Gerald, Shauntelle, Katy, Destiny, Betsy, Lien, Jenny, Kiri, and Kailey 
(I don't know who the child is . . . )

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures! I am so glad you took my old KBR class!

    ReplyDelete