A Taoist Temple

A Taoist Temple
The Taoist temple just down the road from where I live, here in Feng Yuan, Taiwan

Kenting Beach!

Kenting Beach!
Me heading into the beautiful South China Sea

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Taipei 3

Saturday, October 30th 2010

Second branch temple trip, my third temple trip, and fifth time to Taipei.

This time I got Allison to sub my class, so we left at 8:30ish.

I love this Temple!
Taipei LDS Temple


This is actually the first view we got of the temple on the first trip. We all got out of the bus and waited to cross the street (not knowing where the temple was) looking at the gas station and then all of a sudden we looked a further up and there was an Angel Moroni! It was a great sight!
Taipei Temple behind gas station


After we were through at the Temple, we ate lunch as we walked to the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial, where we spent the rest of the day.

Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Building



Cool Tree, Gate to Chiang Kai-shek Memorial, and Temple

Why is it that we just can't resist trying the jumping shot . . . my timing as a photographer isn't really up to par for this type of shot, but they're fun to try ;)

AnnaLisa
( from who's camera I stole all these pics)


Katy

And, of course, if you're in a tourist spot, in a big Asian city, and you happen to be a blond, chances are high that you will get a woman coming up to you, with out saying a word, just pointing to her camera, shaking her head when you try to take it (having assumed that she wants you to take her picture), then leading you to a spot to pose with her, to inevitably become, yet again, part of some random person's vacation photos.

Maybe it's not because I'm blond, but because we're wearing similarly matching ensembles


So randomly we got there just in time to watch the changing of the guard! It was awesome!
Chiang Kai-shek Memorial's Changing of the Guard



AnnaLisa in front of the big statue of Chiang Kai-shek



Chiang Kai-shek
(well, ok, just his statue, but he just looks so happy I had to include it)


Katy in front of the big statue of Chiang Kai-shek


It's just such a cool building I couldn't resist including another shot . . .



So in the ground level of the building is the gift shop, some museum, . . . and other stuff . . . but what caught my eye were these great doors!
(don't ask, just go with it ;)

Katy and the Chiang Kai-shek Doors


Katy caught . . . doing the rumba . . . with one of the Chiang Kai-shek Doors . . . well, to each their own . . .


Yep, I kinda over did the awesome door obsession . . . no, I take that back I can do better, I'll get back to you on that!

Well, after that we headed back to the bus and from there (or on there . . .) back to Feng Yuan. From there I left my shoes on the bus, got into an awkward situation with a car and driver, ended up 'having' to go to the store where I ran into both my bosses and their kids (their married), then realizing as they saw me I had a very unfavorable expression on my face (having just realized that I left said shoes on the bus) this thought leading me to think that they might think that this expression was because I ran into them, from there I was overly excited to see them (although they are great people, and deserve as many excited greetings as anyone), and felt I had to explain my expression, which I was given the chance to do after one of them asked, "You just get back?" (he, being in the same branch as us, knew about the temple trip), I got to follow up with, "Yes, and I JUST realized that I left my shoes on the bus!" After all that the rice I bought on this impulsive trip had flies in it, AND the rice they replaced it with (I found out after having eaten about a sixth of it) had larvae (or some other similar bug) in it . . . . I haven't made rice since . . .

How's that for a blog post full of run-on sentences? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment