A Taoist Temple

A Taoist Temple
The Taoist temple just down the road from where I live, here in Feng Yuan, Taiwan

Kenting Beach!

Kenting Beach!
Me heading into the beautiful South China Sea

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Life When Teaching in Taiwan

Well I guess I should catch up on what I've been up to for the last couple of months.

I went to Taipei again on the 30th of October, this time I really visited the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall (I will probably post more pictures of that, when I get them, in my next Taipei outing post).
This is a pic within the grounds of the memorial. You can see one of its gates in the background
Karyn and I


We've also had more creatures visiting our hallway. Around the first of October, around 11pm we found this apropos creature. Perfect to bring in the month of creepy things!
I swear it was bigger than it looks in this picture . . . .
Libby had to take it in b&w, there's just no other way to represent such a scene!


I really don't remember when we did this, but Allison got these very Asian face masks and we had a little face mask party (yep that's Devin, a real man, sporting this fashionable accessory ;)
Devin, Lien, Katy, Allison, Meg, Kristi, Libby, Erin
(Lien and I, sadly, broke the Berhan shirt theme,
I'm sorry guys . . .)


Well, originally we were going to watch a chick flick and eat snacks, but with the oddity of the masks the urge to act as, newly termed, creepers was just too much. So up to the roof we headed with creepy music, which of course included MJ's Thriller!
From the beginning of the circle at the Left:
Erin, Lien, Katy, Libby, Meg, Kristi


Saturday, October 2, 2010
We went to TGI Friday's for dinner with the Relief Society. With my freshly blond hair, I couldn't resist adopting a Marilyn Monroe look for a night!

So would you term this Karilyn Monrally or Marity Dalroe?



The Friday before Halloween we had some fun just playing in our classes . . . well for my rotations we made popcorn hands . . . a lot of popcorn and sprinkles were involved . . . and then a lot of sweeping!

For the morning class I just helped rotate the kids to each activity. Then, of course, we had to do a crazy group shot. It was a way fun day!!!

I wish I could tag the pic like facebook to point out which of the little ones are in my class, but I'll have to be content to say most of the first row and about half of the second row are in my class. I have the youngest ones. The little two year old in yellow standing with the third row on the left is also in my class.


Katy, Whitney, Libby, Erin, Lien, Allison, Devin, Meg, Kristi, Laura

Later that night we invited the secretaries from our school to have a Halloween cookie decorating party with us and then play Murder in the Dark. It was a great night! Somehow the mustaches appeared . . . whatcha think? It's the new accessory trend . . . ya . . .
Meg, Kristi, Allison, Katy, Lien, Libby, Laura, Kailey, Fenny, Holly, Devin, Whitney, Erin


Throughout the semester we've been celebrating un-birthdays and my fell on November 2 . . . why that day you may ask; well it was a Tuesday and we all have afternoon classes off on Tuesdays ;)
So with your birthday you get treated to a lunch of sorts (we went to this great Thai place) and your fridge decorated with handmade happiness, and of course balloons!

They know me quite well, don't you think?
The purple envelope contained random things I like said in Japanese!


This one I had to blow-up. Note the black eye-liner . . . :)


And then there's the paper stiletto.
Yep, that about sums it up! ;)


Monday, November 15, 2010 for our Monday night FHE activity we were told we had 30ish minutes to come up with a song to perform. Ours was I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Boys with me as an English Teacher Teaching correcting their Chinglish sung song ("Me no want hear! Me want fat way!")

Kristi, Laura, Katy

The other two skits were fabulous as well, although I don't think I could articulate them into words . . . . One was a Christmas theme, and the other was Pocahontas . . . with orange juice . . . and a suitcase . . . ya . . . ;)
Whitney, Meg, Libby, Allison, Kristi, Lien, Erin, Devin, Katy


Friday, November 19, 2010
Harry Potter Baby!!!

Need I say more?!
Laura, Erin, Libby, Kristi, Meg

I couldn't ruin the Berhan sweater theme, so took that picture and had them take one of me.
(I made sure they got my favorite character in there, Bellatrix Lestrange!)
Katy


Can you guess what series movie I'll be to the opening nigh of in December?! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment