A Taoist Temple

A Taoist Temple
The Taoist temple just down the road from where I live, here in Feng Yuan, Taiwan

Kenting Beach!

Kenting Beach!
Me heading into the beautiful South China Sea

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm in Taiwan!!!

The flight to Taiwan took 14 hours, but I spent a lot of that time talking to the girl next to me about Asian dramas (TV shows), so the flight didn't seem so long, unfortunately I forgot to stand up at all the entire flight and am still suffering the consequences of swollen ankles ;(

I arrived in Taipei, Taiwan around 8pm and was greeted
with a pleasant surprise: a poster of one of my favorite bands, Fahrenh
eit, advertising Taiwan ;)



I thought this was just so cute, I almost wish I had quarantine-able food just to meet the beagles



I arrived at the school where I will be living for the next year in Feng Yuan, Taichung, Taiwan around midnight.

We haled all our luggage up 3 flights of stairs (that's over 100 lbs!), picked beds, and tried to sleep (that part didn't work so well till 2:30am ;)


2 comments:

  1. Because EVERYTHING in Taiwan is smaller, and I mean everything from the stores to the trucks. The only thing bigger is their elementary schools!! They are huge!!!

    ReplyDelete