A Taoist Temple

A Taoist Temple
The Taoist temple just down the road from where I live, here in Feng Yuan, Taiwan

Kenting Beach!

Kenting Beach!
Me heading into the beautiful South China Sea

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sun Moon Lake!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Alexandra (Alex) Liu and I treated ourselves to a birthday day-cation at Sun Moon Lake in Nantou.

When we got there the lake was covered with fog and, while most people would be bummed, I was delighted! It was to perfect temperature and the fog . . . mist sounds better . . . was beautiful! (and of course no sun is always a good thing for me;)

However, due to the fog no boats could go out . . .


Sun Moon Lake is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



So we headed to the aboriginal village.
We took cable cars into the mist . . . at points you couldn't even see the mountains . . . it was so great!



The aboriginals seem to be more related to the Polynesians than Chinese.



Again, Beautiful!!!!!!!!!


Ok, cheesy tourist moment ;)
Katy



I don't really know what the significance of this is, but you know me and architecture.

Katy


This is one of the roller-coasters I went on . . . we got wet! The other one I went on was crazy fast! I forgot just how fun they are ;)



The fog/mist dissipated so Alex and I headed to went to catch a boat across the lake and ran into a group who wanted us to take their picture, so we had them take ours!

Katy, Alex


While we were too late to catch our package boat, we got a great deal with another boat and it included a stop off at the island in the lake
Katy



Alex



Katy


Now just enjoy the beauty of the lake at sunset
ctrl-click on a pic to see it full size!





Before heading home we grabbed some dinner: from the left, around Rice, veggies, deep-fried-whole shrimp, soup, veggies, deep-fried-whole fish with ginger, rice, and (in the middle) wild boar with skin (my favorite!).
Yes, I ate that ;)


I had an awesome Taiwanese pineapple smoothy


Alex had a fabulous Taiwan-style passion friut smoothy!


I couldn't figure out why it wasn't otopT, then I finally figured it out . . . like today . . . ;)

It was a wonderful day filled with serendipity!!!! From Having to go to the aboriginal village first, and catching the last cable car back (both times), to getting a boat at the perfect time for the sun-set, and having a great friend to experience it all with!

No comments:

Post a Comment